as announced and promised with the "feature announcement for 2018", we now roll out the update alongside a maintenance introducing more exciting features like the "Mute System" and the brand new in-game "Play-Time"-Event.
Please find the details below:
On this Thursday, the 8th of March at 07:00am CET, the servers will be taken offline for maintenance. The technicians and engineers will take care of the following:
1. Introducing the new "Mute-System"
- Players can now mute other players by simply right-clicking on the designated user and choose the option "mute"
- You can mute other players by simply right-clicking either their character or their name displays:
- A "mute-Icon" is now displayed on the muted user on the lobby as well as on the in-game score screen
- One additional right-click is enough and the user can be reinstated (be un-muted) again
- Muted user's chat, room chats and whispers won't be seen for the time being muted
- [GM]s cannot be muted. A [GM] tag is shown in-game once a [GM] enters a room
- The mute-list has a capacity of 100 possible mutes at the same time. If a user exceeds 100 mutes, the oldest muted user will be removed and the latest muted user will be added to the list
- The mute system will subsist through nickname camouflage
- The mute system will subsist through the logout/re-log of the muted user as long as you don't logout yourself
- The mute system will not subsist through permanent nickname changes since that indicates a brand new player for the system
- The mute list will be set to default (clean list) upon logging out/re-logging yourself
2. Brand-new "Playtime"-Event
- From now on the game is going to accumulate each users total playtime for each particular day (0:00am CET - 11:59pm CET)
- Playtime will be accumulate for every game being ended "normally"
- Leaving a game in progress will forfeit the accumulated time for that game
- As before, playing 1 vs 1 won't reward any experience points, gold or stats and also will not count towards your total time
- Playing against the AI in AI-Mode or hunting down Zombies in Zombie-Mode will count towards your total time
- Since playtime is being accumulated on a daily basis, logging out won't reset your total accumulated time for that day
- Crashes or disconnects won't reset your total accumulated time
- The playtime accumulation will be reseted at midnight (00:00am CET) each day
- If a game is being started before midnight and ends after midnight while fulfilling the conditions (ended normally), the accumulated playtime is being counted towards your last day's accumulated playtime
- The game client will check your total playtime towards the reward conditions and will reset your time afterwards for the next day
- Please take note that the game client needs a few seconds (~10 secs - ~15 secs) to apply the accumulated playtime after each match
Here's a picture showing the progress bar and the way the rewards are working:
Reward list for accumulated playtime:
- Total of one hour of playtime accumulated:
- Total of two hours of playtime accumulated:
- Total of three or more hours of playtime accumulated:
- The event will take place from the 8th of March until the 8th of April, ending at 3:50pm CET.
3. WW II Medal stat bonuses are now being shown
- The bonuses being provided by the Medals that have been introduced with the latest content patch are now being shown
4. A new system code will be added in addition to the Xign Code Tool that is running upon each start of your OP7 client. The new system code will be implemented to detect "unusual user behavior". This is going to help in the prevention of various hacks and/or said unusual behavior. The server is going to check active user histories and upon detection of said behavior - kick the detected user. The user will then be unable to rejoin for a limited amount of time
5. Fixed a bug with the medal effects on the lower left of the screen which were not displayed properly when the character died/is dead while using a secondary weapon
6. Fixed a bug with the Red Dot disappearing when Q, E and the right mouse button are pressed at the same time
7. And of course the regular Server Restart for the Game Servers.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Edited by (GM)Sparrow, 08 March 2018 - 07:54 PM.