(GM)Sparrow

OP7 Staff

• Operation7 GM Team
  • 1,382 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • InterestsBasketball, PC-Gaming
  • Clan:Netgame

Dear Soldiers,

as you may have witnessed here and here, Operation7 Service is going get terminated at the end of December, the 28th.

Over the last couple days I wanted to give you all the time to assimilate the message of service termination. Now since the weekend is over and the first shocks are wearing off, it is time to particularize a few things regarding the current situation, actions and reactions.

Disclaimer:

As always, I will only talk about myself and my position as [GM] and Staff Member for Operation7. My views doesn't reflect those of Netgame and/or other Staff Members.

First of all, I am too - very sad that Operation7.eu is getting closed. But as it is in life in general and of course with every game in the gaming industry: No game lasts forever. Sometimes the circumstances why a game is getting closed are more understandable, sometimes less, sometimes different, but yet in the end they are all the same, the game has reached the end of its product life-cycle. I have explained this multiple times all across the forums. Even the greatest games are going to end sometime.

wXIHy7r.jpg

Some may say that what matters is how it ended. I say that what should matter is - the great times someone had with the product he consumed. All those great and happy memories, all those good times, those are the things that should count. And even I have and had some great memories from all those past years. I honestly believe that one of the greatest memories will be the creation and establishment of the Season Event. We practically asked for the technical implementation like it's currently more or less standard in every modern game. After getting declined, we asked ourselves:"Is the there a way to do something like that without any technical implementation at all?". And we figured a way to do it. This was the most insane and most time and energy consuming thing I ever did during my years of OP7...

...which leads me to my own OP7 career. In 2010 I joined the OP7 Staff Team of FIAA, based in Siegburg, Germany. I met a ton of interesting people and ultimately worked with them. Back at that time, I was doing my apprenticeship in the marketing devision of OP7. The game had reached the growth state of the product life-cycle and [GM]Matt, [GM]Stirb and I had to do all the advertising we could to make the game more popular. Doing all the navigation and conversation with all the different gaming websites was very exciting at the time.

After that I had to finalize my educational part and returned to the game early in 2012. Maya's calender turned out to not happening at all and so I joined the Staff Team again, this time as a regular [RGM] under the banner of [RGM]-Leader Hebus. From 2012 until the very day I was promoted to [GM] in June 2016, I learned a lot from all the peoples I have met. Of course I also saw a lot of bad things happening beyond the curtains which leads me to another topic...

...power abusing:

Of course at this point I won't share any details about anyone in particular. There will be no name-calling at all as well. But from the very start of the success of FIAA, people weren't more or less able to handle the rate of success, they had. Establishing something of their own, something unique, something that differed from all the other games currently on the market, lead to feelings that no one can match with you from now on. Members felt like they were in charge of everything. And If someone wanted to mock them, they had to show their position, mark their territory so to speak. Back at the time it didn't seem to matter since for every banned players, three new ones were accumulated through marketing.

As mentioned nothing lasts forever and like it is with every downfall, behind curtains tons of wrong decisions were made. After having returned in 2012, already different people were in charge than before. The game was still in a good spot, but had already reached the end of the growth stage. Back in 2012, the game had already reached the Maturity stage. Slightly growth through already established marketing spots, but mainly and mostly living from past work. Many teams were closed and only a few were left to work on content patches and maintaining the game. Even back then, it was already clear that the technical aspect of the game and the engine used weren't meant to endure.

From that moment on, it was very clear to me that every suggestion that is ever going to be made - had to work on that old engine. Every great idea was hitting directly technical issues from that point on. Same goes for the forum software. Uploading patch notes meant hours of work since the old software wasn't made for it to work. New software won't happen since the game was already in the Maturity state. In comparison, Blizzard's F2P Card-Game Hearthstone is running for four and a half year now and is still in the growth state. Simply take a moment and think about difference and the meaning of that fact alone.

So to me it was clear that the game was in a very difficult state. From that point on - OP7 was running another 5 and a half year. To me, that is pretty much amazing. Sadly the other side of the coin was the part - that the others never had that epiphany. Power-abusing continued. And without getting three new users for every banned player, the game suddenly degenerated in population. All the personal user-emotions aside, I am only talking from an economic point of view of course. All this happened until 2015.

In 2015 the game had already reached the decline state and the Staff behind the back changed again, for the fourth time to be precise. Finally someone capable appeared and tried is best to extended the decline phase as best as possible. Maybe even get back to the Maturity stage with an extension:

xJ8eRFD.jpg

Even though the game had already reached decline stage, we tried our best to get this great game back on course. New game modes were developed despite all the old coding software. New rules regarding bans and many more changes were set in stone to get this game back on course.

Sadly the Staff and company changed again and again and without someone being in a spot barley longer than half a year or a year at max, no clear direction was maintained and things always changed in the back. The game went back to decline stage quickly and from 2016 until today, I did my best to extended that phase as long as possible.

To me personally, almost three years is quite a long time. Many other games are diminishing way more quickly than that. So in the end I want to say thank to you all from giving me a blast and letting me experience all the things I witnessed. In good times as in bad times. You have been the most toxic community I had ever the pleasure of working for so to speak. And I mean that in a positive way. If it wasn't for you, the game would have surly closed its gates way earlier.

Thank you for and amazing time. My contract is going to end on the 30th of November. Over the course of the last couple weeks until Friday this week I had started to dish-out rewards for the all the Mcash I had saved for events and will continue to do so. If you want an shop Item, simply join the game on Wednesday and Friday this week and be one of the lucky players that will receive something gifted.

Please keep in mind that you will be able to comment on this very thread as well. But I have to and will delete any cursing or rambling towards other Staff members as part of the policy. Try to be polite as possible even though I know that it is difficult sometimes.

Thank you all again and I hope to see you ingame two last times on Wednesday and Friday this week.

Best Regards

[GM]Sparrow

Edited by (GM)Sparrow, 26 November 2018 - 10:50 AM.

• Toxine, adesalu1, NarutoUzumaki and 5 others like this
Operation7 Staff Team

Posted ImagePosted Image

COPYRIGHT ⓒ 2009 - 2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY PARK ESM CORP. AND LICENSED BY Netgame Inc.

Armin69

Armin69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBosnia And Herzegovina
  • Clan:UNBELιEV4BLE
Thank you Sparrow you are an awesome GM. Everyone know its not your fault, only Mgame/Netgame are responsible for this.
Only money matters ti them and we saw that again when they announced our accounts wont be transfered to OP7 Latino. If they love this game and are thankfull to us they should do that for us. But sadly they are not.

Edited by Armin69, 26 November 2018 - 12:14 PM.

• adesalu1, KiLLHeaD and LonelyLegend like this

160615084937983944.png

DontPlayxX

DontPlayxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationUkraine
  • InterestsDon"t try me
  • Clan:Gurkhas, BeLikeUs
Unban all the accounts
  • P3RF3KT likes this

-Not-The-Same-

lvl 61

kdr 2.02

Belgium

Gurkhas

BeLikeUs

-Ecuadorian-

:brutal_0187: 

(GM)Sparrow

(GM)Sparrow

OP7 Staff

• Operation7 GM Team
  • 1,382 posts
  • LocationGermany

Unban all the accounts

Just because a Prison is getting closed you want me to release all the inmates?

Operation7 Staff Team

Posted ImagePosted Image

COPYRIGHT ⓒ 2009 - 2017 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY PARK ESM CORP. AND LICENSED BY Netgame Inc.

NarutoUzumaki

NarutoUzumaki

-иσиρℓυѕυℓтяα-

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • InterestsJu-Jitsu
    Operation7
    Football
    Martial Arts
  • Clan:иσиρℓυѕυℓтяα мαиαgєя

Sparrow, why is not there an effort to bring accounts into another version? please answer clearly

• -KASPALL-, LonelyLegend and P3RF3KT like this

-KASPALL-

-KASPALL-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Yes, let us bring our accounts to the Operation7 Latin version.

Edited by -KASPALL-, 27 November 2018 - 01:23 AM.

• xXSm0kyDRFTx, LonelyLegend and P3RF3KT like this

(GM)Sparrow

(GM)Sparrow

OP7 Staff

• Operation7 GM Team
  • 1,382 posts
  • LocationGermany

That is simply because you want to have Electronic Arts' account transferred to Activision Blizzard so to speak. They're both completely different companies. Same goes for Netgame and Softnyx. I know and understand that you guys don't see it that way, but that is how it is. Two completely different companies are coincidentally managing the same product, but a different version of it. Yes, kind of looks like something like this is only possible with Korean products :)

But there are similar examples out there, even with the big companies like Blizzard or Electronic Arts. But they have always been clever enough to keep an 51% advantage of their own product. Sadly this isn't and wasn't case for OP7.

• adesalu1 likes this
Operation7 Staff Team

Posted ImagePosted Image

KiLLHeaD

KiLLHeaD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationJapan
  • Clan:Spain7

That is simply because you want to have Electronic Arts' account transferred to Activision Blizzard so to speak. They're both completely different companies. Same goes for Netgame and Softnyx. I know and understand that you guys don't see it that way, but that is how it is. Two completely different companies are coincidentally managing the same product, but a different version of it. Yes, kind of looks like something like this is only possible with Korean products :)

But there are similar examples out there, even with the big companies like Blizzard or Electronic Arts. But they have always been clever enough to keep an 51% advantage of their own product. Sadly this isn't and wasn't case for OP7.

Nevertheless, they did manage to transfer some Operation7 accounts from Latino to Europe which makes me think its not completely impossible.

• LonelyLegend and P3RF3KT like this

FORGIVEN

- EST -

Armin69

Armin69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationBosnia And Herzegovina
  • Clan:UNBELιEV4BLE

Nevertheless, they did manage to transfer some Operation7 accounts from Latino to Europe which makes me think its not completely impossible.

Of course it is possible
  • P3RF3KT likes this

160615084937983944.png

(GM)Sparrow

(GM)Sparrow

OP7 Staff

• Operation7 GM Team
  • 1,382 posts
  • LocationGermany

Of course it is possible

I am not saying it is impossible and I never did. There even was consideration and merit for a larger transfer, remember this Thread? Of course in the end it is all a financial aspect. Sadly for said Thread, it was decided that the financial effort won't payoff. At least that is what I believe and think because honestly we never received an official final statement.

Operation7 Staff Team

Posted ImagePosted Image

FeddeLeGrand

FeddeLeGrand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic
  • Clan:AssassinsSpain

How much time did we wait for the black screen to be removed from the game in clan war?, how much time did we wait for fix the kick bug in clan war?, how much time we wait to fix bugs that are still here in game in 2018?, how much time did we wait to remove overpowered items?, how much time did we wait for a no shotgun option?, how much time did we wait for be back on the old game mode of secondary weapons? or maybe  the gold rush mode be able to receive experience?, how much time did we request a solution for clan page bug? How much time did we wait to get sandstorm back?,How much time did we wait to buy with gold the grenade launchers?, How many times did we request a different way to get money than turn this game in a pay to win?

and many many others, who tome to my mind; come here and say ''goodbye it was a nice time'', but dont come here to say u and the other staff did all for this game to keep it working well,  even if u did it it was partially and TOO late.

And if this community was toxic is probably because the game was full of lag and bugs, we didnt see anything by your way and by Park ESM to get solved ; add stupid things as zombie mode or other stupid ways to get more players are ridiculous if you lose your old players and the essence of the game. Did u maybe try to adjust the balance of the shotguns instead of banning them from the rooms? Maybe not add always a useless weapon in every update, and equilibrate the automatic snipers who kills by 1 bullet with cash ammo? Maybe add a customizable secondary weapons instead of add stupid pistols who are unusable in a clan war level? Maybe not add maps who will be never played and work half a year to create another industry town or another power plant?

Seriusly im not a genius im just using the reason to expose solutions to problems, things who we do when the game was joining the maturity and u and the staff didnt give a f***k about us, u have what u deserve.

And if the game was still alive in 2018 is because the game itself is too good, but the creators and the administrators never deserve to manage this game.

I think is enought and I dont even talk about the hackers and bann policy, anyways nothing will change at this point but I dont like that they laught in my face.

• DasferTons, KiLLHeaD, LonelyLegend and 2 others like this

------------------------------------------------------YT----------------------------------------------------------

https://www.youtube....FeddeLeGrandOp7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

29vl341.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Razery

Razery

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • InterestsSoftware Engineering

Oh well.. will miss the good old times in OP7. 

@Sparrow I will wish you and your family a good time together. Enjoy your won free time.
Thank you for doing so much for this game. You're the best GM we had. 

See you in Skype!

Cheers, 
Razery

• adesalu1 likes this
ex - Community Manager

TwiisTeD-

TwiisTeD-

♯ƁяιLLιαηƬ ♥

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • InterestsPC-Gaming
    Football
    Social Projects
  • Clan:UNBELiEV4BLE

Ich wollte mich bzgl. dieses Topics vielleicht auch nochmals zu Wort melden. 

Als erstes finde ich es toll, dass du ein Topic zur Verabschiedung von OP7 erstellt hast. Natürlich wünsche auch ich dir nochmals alles Gute für deine Zukunft und deine Familie. 

Ich wollte eigentlich mehr auf dein Topic eingehen, muss aber zugeben das einiges darin nicht ganz so richtig geschildert ist.

Das "Power-Abusing" will ich vorerst aus dem Spiel lassen, dazu äußere ich mich später noch etwas.

Ich finde persönlich, dass das Ende von Operation7 bereits seit 2015 Winter abzusehen war. Die Spieler wurden weniger und es wurde dauerhaft nur noch auf Sparflamme geheizt. Die wirklichen Gründe warum OP7 schließt sehen meiner Ansicht nach ganz anders aus. Es wurde z.B nichts mehr investiert um Operation7 erneut aufleben zu lassen, nur durch Events interessiert es fast niemanden was hier abgeht. Ihr hattet lange Zeit um euch um Werbung zu kümmern, auch noch als das Thema Events unter meiner Leitung stand. Dadurch habe ich euch das meiste an Arbeit abgenommen, für euch blieb lediglich der Ticketsupport und die Wartungen liegen. Du hast einige sehr schöne Events nach meiner Zeit gebracht, dennoch kann man sich nicht nur durch eine " Season " brüsten. Ich formuliere es mal hart: Die Unfähigkeit deiner Teamkollegen, insbesondere aber auch aus Korea haben das Spiel an diesen Punkt geführt. Es wurden keinerlei Risiken aufgenommen ( USA Account Transfer ) und es wurde ab Changs Leitung nichts mehr produktives investiert sondern es ging nur darum wie viele Spieler aktuell noch aufladen und Geld investieren was der total falsche Ansatzpunkt war. Nachdem dann auch noch Entscheidungen die bis Heute niemals richtig aufgeklärt wurden getroffen wurden habt Ihr bereits 42 Spieler ( Hallo UNB ) verloren. Aber es geht noch weiter: Ihr habt angefangen Top Spieler wegen total unnützen und schwachsinnigen Sachen zu bannen, auch das war nicht Produktiv für Operation7. Aufgrund korrupten Entscheidungen deiner Kollegen wurde am Ende ein " Vergehen der Nutzungsregeln " daraus gestrickt, einfach nur für´s Wahrheit sagen. Das war für mich z.B einer der Gründe wieso ich nie wieder nach einer Entsperrung meines Accounts gefragt habe. 

Nun zu den Events: Ihr habt über zwei Jahre hinweg die Schuld bei der Community gesucht und diese in Verantwortung für eure fehlenden Promotionen gemacht. Anstatt die Fehler bei euch selbst zu suchen wurde immer auf uns eingehackt, ist ja letztendlich auch einfacher. 

Wie wäre OP7 ausgegangen wenn alle Member aus eurem " Team " gearbeitet hätten und nicht mehr Zeit in Ihr Steam Profil als in den Wiederaufbau von Op7 zu stecken? Was ist deine Meinung?

Ich finde die Strafe an diesen Verein ist nun gerecht. Hoffentlich müssen noch mehrere Spiele welche unter solch einer Leitung leiden geschlossen werden. Diesen Menschen gehört kein Geld, auch keine Achtung.  Seit 2016 ging es hier nur noch um Positionen. Das hat man demonstrativ an deinen Italienischen Kollegen gesehen. Einer davon musste mich reporten um überhaupt Aufmerksamkeit zu bekommen. Leider sehr lächerlich. Ich glaube auch das man mir und Ober sowieso durch " normale Nutzer " welche aber Freunde gewisser Staffmember sind den Strick drehen wollte um relativ schnell wieder von uns beiden befreit zu werden. Traurig aber mit hoher Wahrscheinlichkeit Wahr.

Sorry for writing in german, it´s easier for me to express my words to Sparrow.

Cheers.

• P3RF3KT likes this

- TC -

-KASPALL-

-KASPALL-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Ich wollte mich bzgl. dieses Topics vielleicht auch nochmals zu Wort melden. 

Als erstes finde ich es toll, dass du ein Topic zur Verabschiedung von OP7 erstellt hast. Natürlich wünsche auch ich dir nochmals alles Gute für deine Zukunft und deine Familie. 

Ich wollte eigentlich mehr auf dein Topic eingehen, muss aber zugeben das einiges darin nicht ganz so richtig geschildert ist.

Das "Power-Abusing" will ich vorerst aus dem Spiel lassen, dazu äußere ich mich später noch etwas.

Ich finde persönlich, dass das Ende von Operation7 bereits seit 2015 Winter abzusehen war. Die Spieler wurden weniger und es wurde dauerhaft nur noch auf Sparflamme geheizt. Die wirklichen Gründe warum OP7 schließt sehen meiner Ansicht nach ganz anders aus. Es wurde z.B nichts mehr investiert um Operation7 erneut aufleben zu lassen, nur durch Events interessiert es fast niemanden was hier abgeht. Ihr hattet lange Zeit um euch um Werbung zu kümmern, auch noch als das Thema Events unter meiner Leitung stand. Dadurch habe ich euch das meiste an Arbeit abgenommen, für euch blieb lediglich der Ticketsupport und die Wartungen liegen. Du hast einige sehr schöne Events nach meiner Zeit gebracht, dennoch kann man sich nicht nur durch eine " Season " brüsten. Ich formuliere es mal hart: Die Unfähigkeit deiner Teamkollegen, insbesondere aber auch aus Korea haben das Spiel an diesen Punkt geführt. Es wurden keinerlei Risiken aufgenommen ( USA Account Transfer ) und es wurde ab Changs Leitung nichts mehr produktives investiert sondern es ging nur darum wie viele Spieler aktuell noch aufladen und Geld investieren was der total falsche Ansatzpunkt war. Nachdem dann auch noch Entscheidungen die bis Heute niemals richtig aufgeklärt wurden getroffen wurden habt Ihr bereits 42 Spieler ( Hallo UNB ) verloren. Aber es geht noch weiter: Ihr habt angefangen Top Spieler wegen total unnützen und schwachsinnigen Sachen zu bannen, auch das war nicht Produktiv für Operation7. Aufgrund korrupten Entscheidungen deiner Kollegen wurde am Ende ein " Vergehen der Nutzungsregeln " daraus gestrickt, einfach nur für´s Wahrheit sagen. Das war für mich z.B einer der Gründe wieso ich nie wieder nach einer Entsperrung meines Accounts gefragt habe. 

Nun zu den Events: Ihr habt über zwei Jahre hinweg die Schuld bei der Community gesucht und diese in Verantwortung für eure fehlenden Promotionen gemacht. Anstatt die Fehler bei euch selbst zu suchen wurde immer auf uns eingehackt, ist ja letztendlich auch einfacher. 

Wie wäre OP7 ausgegangen wenn alle Member aus eurem " Team " gearbeitet hätten und nicht mehr Zeit in Ihr Steam Profil als in den Wiederaufbau von Op7 zu stecken? Was ist deine Meinung?

Ich finde die Strafe an diesen Verein ist nun gerecht. Hoffentlich müssen noch mehrere Spiele welche unter solch einer Leitung leiden geschlossen werden. Diesen Menschen gehört kein Geld, auch keine Achtung.  Seit 2016 ging es hier nur noch um Positionen. Das hat man demonstrativ an deinen Italienischen Kollegen gesehen. Einer davon musste mich reporten um überhaupt Aufmerksamkeit zu bekommen. Leider sehr lächerlich. Ich glaube auch das man mir und Ober sowieso durch " normale Nutzer " welche aber Freunde gewisser Staffmember sind den Strick drehen wollte um relativ schnell wieder von uns beiden befreit zu werden. Traurig aber mit hoher Wahrscheinlichkeit Wahr.

Sorry for writing in german, it´s easier for me to express my words to Sparrow.

Cheers.

Than simply PM him. We don't understand a *****

• -(FR)-LION-(FR)- likes this

TwiisTeD-

TwiisTeD-

♯ƁяιLLιαηƬ ♥

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • InterestsPC-Gaming
    Football
    Social Projects

Than simply PM him. We don't understand a *****

use google translation, i was in hurry.

- TC -

-ZickcheN-

-ZickcheN-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Clan:xUNBELiEV4BLEx
Wird op7eu nun offline gehen ?

TwiisTeD-

TwiisTeD-

♯ƁяιLLιαηƬ ♥

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • InterestsPC-Gaming
    Football
    Social Projects

Wird op7eu nun offline gehen ?

yuppp

- TC -

-ZickcheN-

-ZickcheN-

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Clan:xUNBELiEV4BLEx
Das war aber absehbar

xXSm0kyDRFTx

xXSm0kyDRFTx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Clan:iLLuminateDx / GUILTY

Guys at least join this discord https://discord.gg/AaJk2UV so we don't disband our community please. Maybe we have a chance to convince Latino owners to expand the community to players of the other parts of the world.

Operation7 DISCORD

Youtube Channel: xXSm0kyDRFTx3

TwiisTeD-

TwiisTeD-

♯ƁяιLLιαηƬ ♥

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • InterestsPC-Gaming
    Football
    Social Projects

Guys at least join this discord https://discord.gg/AaJk2UV so we don't disband our community please. Maybe we have a chance to convince Latino owners to expand the community to players of the other parts of the world.

MAN. It´s not the choice of Latino "Owners" or something, it´s the choice of Park.... Anyways, sooner or soon they will allow us there since latino is dying too because everyone use hack there. Just wait for it and we will see.....

- TC -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users